Astronomy Club of Tulsa
From AstronomyOutreach network
Astronomy Club of Tulsa is a non-profit, tax exempt, organization. We have been active in Tulsa and it's surrounding communities for over fifty years. We are dedicated to providing a public forum for scientific research, informational exchange, and social interaction for individuals interested in the science and hobby of astronomy. We promote the public's awareness of astronomy and space related activities, events, and research.
Do you ever look up at all the thousands of stars in the night sky?
Do you ever long for a chance to see what lies out in the depths of space?
Do asteroids... black holes... comets... distant galaxies... eclipses... meteor showers... nebulae... star clusters... super novae... the moon... the stars... the sun... the planets... their moons... space... and the universe intrigue you?
If you can read, then you are old enough to start learning about space and astronomy. And if you are still alive, then you’re not too old to take up stargazing. We in the Astronomy Club of Tulsa can help you to get started, and we will share our experience, knowledge, and let you look through our binoculars and telescopes.
You don't need binoculars. You don't need a telescope. The only things that you need you already have - a love for the night sky and an eye to see with.
This is an open invitation to anyone interested in astronomy and space to come see us and check us out. Come, attend a few meetings and star parties (observing sessions) ask us any questions that you have, it won't cost anything to find out if astronomy is for you. You may pursue astronomy as a serious scientific program or as a relaxing hobby of observing some of the universe's grandest objects of beauty and wonder. The choice is entirely up to you.
The regular membership allows all members in the family to participate in club events but only ONE voting membership and one Astronomical League membership. Benefits:
- 12 monthly issues of the The Astronomy Club of Tulsa's newsletter, "Observer"
- A 25% discount on the subscriptions to Sky and Telescope Magazine ($33/year)
Sky & Telescope Renewals can be made directly at 800-253-0245
- A 33% discount on subscriptions of Astronomy Magazine ($34/year; $60/two years)
- Discounts on books and various other publications through The Astronomical League
- Use of the club's library of technical and reference books, slides, and videos
- Use of the club's telescopes and dark sky observing site
If your membership includes Astronomical League
- Membership in The Astronomical League, a national association of astronomy clubs
- 4 quarterly issues of The Astronomical League's newsletter, "Reflector"